GCHNA is seeking new people for the Secretary and Treasurer Positions.
If you are interested in joining our team of officers, or if you have any questions, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secretary Job Description:
- Notify Steering Committee members of meetings in advance and provide a copy of the minutes of the last meeting.
- Determine whether there is a quorum at Steering Committee meetings.
- Take minutes at Steering Committee meetings.
- Send minutes to webmaster for posting on the website.
- Act as the custodian of agendas, minutes, and other documents.
- Collaborate with the President and Treasurer as needed.
- Write letters and other correspondence as needed.
Treasure Job Description
In general, the Treasurer overseas the management and financial reporting of our organization following the approved bylaws. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a register (check book) of cash flows in and out of bank account and write checks as necessary to cover GCHNA expenses.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements to the check book and report current cash balance at the bi-monthly meetings.
- Deposit checks and cash received for dues working closely with membership chairman. (The heaviest time is January, February & March.)
- Provide backup to membership chairman for retrieving checks from the post office box and recording dues and member information in our database (Little Green Light).
- Initiate and record automatic de-posits of dues received through the newly established Paypal account.
- Prepare annual financial statements after Fiscal Year end (December 31st) including a balance sheet, statement of cash flow (income & expenses), and annual budget for submission to the Steering committee for their review.
- Assist with an annual review of the financial records done after completion of year-end financial statements.
- Susan currently uses Excel for record keeping because our needs are so basic and customized reports are easy to create, but other basic accounting software packages are available.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience would be helpful but not a requirement.
We are not a formal nonprofit corporation, just an association of neighbors, so the treasurer does not have more complex reporting duties.
Susan will be available to assist in the transition of responsibilities as she plans to continue as an “at large” member of our organization.