If you performed work to minimize fire risk on your property you can double the benefit to our community. Public funds are available matching our fire-wise efforts dollar for dollar for work you did yourself or paid someone. These funds will be used towards our fire-wise programs. Simply fill out this form and mail it to GCHNA, P.O. Box 1343, Nevada City 95959.
Escaped residential debris burns continue to be a leading cause of fire suppression calls in Nevada County. Learning to safely and cleanly burn vegetation debris helps to minimize smoke emissions and allows firefighters time to respond to true emergencies. It is your responsibility to know and follow local and state burning regulations. Failure to follow these regulations is a misdemeanor offense and you may be fined and prosecuted for the expense of containing a wildfire.
Visit the Fire Safe Council website to:
- Learn the Who, What, Where & When of Burn Permits
- Watch a Residental Burn Demenstration video to learn how to conduct a proper residential debris burn
- Get the Burn Day Information Number
- Information on FSCNC Chipping Program
- Learn alternatives to burning
- Get links to more infomation
- Learn about Campfire safety